Tender for the position of archaeologist – foreign scholar under the frame of International Mobility of Researchers
Institute of Archaeology of the Czech Academy of Sciences, Prague, v.v.i. seeks to employ a foreign scholar under the frame of International Mobility of Researchers, for the duration of 8 moths.
Start: since 1 January 2019
Workload: full time
Duration of employment: January 1st, 2019 – August 31st, 2019
Job description: analysis of information sources and their development at the Institute of Archaeology Prague, dealing with conceptual matters of development of the research infrastructure The Archaeological Information System of the Czech Republic
- Ph.D. or comparable foreign degree in Archaeology, obtained at least 7 years prior to the deadline of this tender.
- Employment or similar position at a foreign research centre for at least two years prior to the deadline of this tender.
- Specialisation to the study of Eastern periphery of Carolingian Europe (i.e., Frankish Empire and adjacent western Slavs regions), ability to independently conceive data models and devise database tools supporting the use of available data, information sources and electronic research infrastructures from multiple countries (or historic regions) of Central Europe.
- Experience in solving international projects and previous cooperation with institutions in the Czech Republic is welcome.
- Good command of English language.
Documentation: materials necessary for selection of the researcher include structured CV and motivation letter including research intent description (approx. 1-2 standard pages) in English language. Please submit the stated documents in written or electronically to the contact address below; the deadline for applications is 17 September 2018 9:00 am.
Selection procedure: a commission will select the candidate on 17 September 2018.
Contact: doc. Mgr. Petr Květina, Ph.D., Institute of Archaeology of the Czech Academy of Sciences, Prague, v.v.i., Letenská 123/4, CZ-118 01 Praha 1; firstname.lastname@example.org; 257 014 387; copy to email@example.com