The objective of the AIS-2 project is to develop the domain-specific backbone infrastructure for Czech archaeology included in the Roadmap of Large Infrastructures for Research, Experimental Development and Innovation of the Czech Republic (the Archaeological Information System of the Czech Republic – AIS CR). AIS CR consists of a set of electronic databases and tools for the administration of archaeological fieldwork and dissemination of information on the country’s archaeological heritage. The AIS-2 project is concerned with further developing this system, ensuring its long-term sustainability and improving the quality of the datasets and their usefulness for future research.
The project AIS-2 (CZ.02.1.01/0.0/0.0/16_013/0001439) is funded bythe European Union.
RESEARCH PROGRAMME 1: TECHNICAL DEVELOPMENT OF THE INFRASTRUCTURE (KEY ACTIVITY: COMPLETION, CONSTRUCTION AND UPGRADE OF THE INFRASTRUCTURE)
• activity 1A: Modernization and securing the hardware infrastructure and its software equipment
• activity 1B: Development of the software interface (API) for communicating with other infrastructures
• activity 1C: Development of a web client to communicate with a wider circle of users
RESEARCH PROGRAMME 2: DEVELOPMENT OF THE INFORMATION CONTENT OF THE INFRASTRUCTURE (KEY ACTIVITY: EXPANDING THE AIS CR DATABASES)
• activity 2A: Completion of the database of archaeological fieldwork events
• activity 2B: Creating a database of archaeological sites
• activity 2C: Processing data from geophysical surveys
• activity 2D: Expanding of data from aerial archaeology
• activity 2E: Linking the database of fieldwork events with expert data
RESEARCH PROGRAMME 3: SUPPORT OF THE INFRASTRUCTURE SYNERGY AND SCIENTIFIC RESEARCH (KEY ACTIVITY: RESEARCH ACTIVITIES BASED ON THE AIS INFRASTRUCTURE)
• activity 3A: Structure and long-term trends in the settlement development
• activity 3B: Modern methods of non-destructive survey and data processing
• Activity 1B: Development of the software interface (API) to communicate with other infrastructures;
• Activity 1C: Development of a web client to communicate with a broader range of users.
• Activity 1A: Modernization and securing the hardware infrastructure and its software equipment